Axia Learning Alliance Consultation
Collaboration, Innovation, Community
Following a great deal of consideration of the options available to us, the Governing Body of Tarleton Community Primary School is considering setting up a formal partnership with Penwortham Broad Oak Primary School and Lostock Hall Community Primary School. In order to do this we would be changing from being a community school to a foundation school. The partnership would be called Axia Learning Alliance and be established as a Co-operative Trust. For clarity, this is not an Academy Model or Multi Academy Trust.
In addition, the following schools would also be founding partners:
Bamber Bridge St Aidan’s CE Primary School; and
New Longton All Saint’s CE Primary School.
To achieve our vision, we will:
- Continue to develop our child focused, high quality teaching
- Provide a relevant and exciting curriculum
- Teach our pupils to be good citizens
- Develop lifelong learners
- Ensure we meet the need of our individual communities
Axia Learning Alliance is founded on the values of:
- Being none competitive or judgmental
- Being outward facing and forward thinking
- Having a commitment to being fully inclusive
- Being collaborative
- Ensuring we work in an ethical way
- Respecting our autonomy
- Sharing our resources
The overarching aims of the Axia Learning Alliance are:
- Ensure the best outcomes for our children in all schools;
- Ensure value for money, developing best practice across the trust for procurement;
- Provide high quality and relevant professional development on evidence-based research
- Provide opportunities which support the development of children’s character and allows them to become good citizens.
The alliance is built on the premise of collaborative executive leadership with all schools an equal partner.
How can you find out more?
Please click on and read Booklet 1 and Booklet 2 which will give you comprehensive information about what a foundation trust is, the benefits, the process and why we are considering this approach to support the future development of our school.
We are also holding virtual consultation meetings due to the pandemic which will be via Zoom. They are as follows:
Staff meeting - Wednesday 4th November 3.45pm-4.45pm
Parents/Carers – Wednesday 18th November 5pm-6pm
Open meeting Thursday 19th November 2pm-3pm
To join a meeting, please email Gail Jones (Bursar) firstname.lastname@example.org to request login details stating which meeting you wish to attend.
How can I share my views?
You can comment at any time from 5.00pm Wednesday 4th November 2020 to 5.00pm Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
After the consultation is closed all comments will be considered and a report will be prepared for the Governing Bodies. This report will be made available on the school websites. Individual responses will not be published on the website but will be presented to the Governing Bodies and will be available for inspection by the public on request. The Governing Bodies will then hold meetings to review the report and all the comments before reaching an informed decision.
The Governing Bodies may decide to:
- Modify the proposal in the light of suggestions made during consultation and, if the changes are significant, consult on the changes.
- Defer the proposals to another time.
- Decide to remain as a community school without any changes.
- Continue to the next phase of the conversion
The proposed implementation date is 1st April 2021.
List of Consultees
As part of the consultation process, the school is consulting with the following:
- Pupils currently at the school (through school council).
- Parents/carers of children currently at the school.
- Staff currently employed at the school, both teaching and support staff.
- The Local Authority.
- Local MPs and serving local Councillors.
- The local Teacher Associations and Trade Unions representing our support staff.
- Other neighbouring schools which may be affected by the proposals.
- Local Community Groups including nurseries, child care providers, sports and leisure providers.
- Local and neighbouring Colleges and Higher Education Institutes.
- Local Diocese.
- Local Mosques.
If you feel that there are other stakeholders who should be consulted, please contact us.