Applying for Primary School places for September 2024:
If you have a child who has a 4th birthday between 1st September 2023 and 31st August 2024 you will need to apply for a place at a primary school. If you would like any information or to have a look around our school please call the School Office (01772 812547) and we will be happy to help. Our published admission number (PAN) is 30 places.
What should you do if you want to apply for a place for your child at our school?
For Lancashire resident families who will require a primary school place in September 2024 the means of application is via Lancashire's on-line system at:-
This will go live from September 2023. It is quick and easy to use and offers an e-mail receipt of all submitted applications. Please ensure that you hit the "submit" button when you are ready to send in your completed on-line application. You must apply even if you already have siblings at your preferred school or academy. If you live in Lancashire you can include out of area preferences on your on-line application. If you do not have access to the internet, the school office have a few paper applications available.
Details of how Lancashire County Council administer the scheme and allocate places are in the attached sheet at the bottom of this page.
The closing dates for applications for September 2024 are at 11-59 pm on:-
Primary school applications – 15th January 2024
Click on the link below to find out further information including details on admission appeals.
Criteria for Issuing Places
In the event that there are more applicants than places, after admitting all children with an Educational and Health and Care Plan naming the school, the Governing Body will allocate places using the criteria below, which are listed in order of priority.
- Looked after children or a child who was previously looked after, but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangement order, or special guardianship order or those children who appear to the school to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted, then
- Children for whom the Governing Body accepts that there are exceptional medical social or welfare reasons which are directly relevant to the school concerned, then
- Children with older siblings attending the school when the younger child will start. Siblings refers to full, half, adopted, step, foster children or the child of the parents partner, and in every case, the child must be living in the same family unit at the same address, then
- Children that attend Tarleton Community Primary Tiny Treasures (Nursery) for a full academic year, then
- Remaining places are allocated according to where a child lives. Those living nearest to the preferred school by a straight line (radial) measure will have priority.
How we consider applications for other year groups
If you are looking for a place for your child(ren) in another year group please contact the school directly. We will:
- Check availability in that year group
- Invite you to tour the school and discuss your circumstances
- Provide you with an In-year Admission Form (if this is appropriate). Download form below or contact the school office.
- Liaise with your child's current school
- Provide information regarding school uniform
Want to find out more about our school?
Why not follow us on Facebook to see all the fun and exciting learning your child could be having?
Join us for our Open Morning between 10.00am and 11.30am on Saturday 7th October 2023. Come as a family so your children can play and you can find out what we offer, there may even be a brew and a bacon butty for you...
Or join us on a Wednesday afternoon to experience our famous TCP hospitality as part of our Step into TCP as your little one will love it!